Domenica abbiamo dissertato amenamente della Ode to St. Cecilia’s day, di Henry Purcell.
Ascolto integrale dell’esecuzione di English Baroque Soloists e Monteverdi Choir diretti da John Eliot Gardiner.
- Symphony (overture): Introduction, Canzona, Adagio, Allegro, Grave, Allegro (repeat)
- Recitative (bass) and chorus: Hail! Bright Cecilia
- Duet (‘treble’ [though range would suggest alto] and bass): Hark! hark! each tree
- Air (countertenor): ‘Tis Nature’s voice
- Chorus: Soul of the world
- Air (soprano) and chorus: Thou tun’st this world
- Trio (alto, tenor and bass): With that sublime celestial lay
- Air (bass): Wondrous machine!
- Air (countertenor): The airy violin
- Duet (countertenor and tenor): In vain the am’rous flute
- Air (countertenor): The fife and all the harmony of war
- Duet (two basses): Let these among themselves contest
- Chorus: Hail! Bright Cecilia, hail to thee